Le Fort de la Redoute Ruinée
The Fort was built in 1630 by the House of Savoy (an important European dynasty) and was named 'Fort Traverset'. Following the annexation of Savoy by France in 1860, a new fort was built in 1892 to protect the area from Italian attack.Read more
Throughout the year : open daily (Winter season: accessible via the "Espace San Bernardo" ski area
Summer season: accessible to hikers and mountain bikers, subject to weather conditions.
Spring/ autumn: ask in the Tourist Office).
Place added by