The plan to build a parish church in Leignec existed since the 18th century. It's realized in the 19th century thanks to Anne Grillet, a pious person : on the site of her houses, she made erect a church in 1828. The building is erect in branch on 24 june 1846, the first parish priest was appointed on 8 october and Anne Grillet made gift of the place of workship to the factory on 1st January 1847. Devastated by a fire on 7 september 1869, it ruins are convert into a farm. The new church is erects on a new site.
Place added by