The church was originally a simple caste chapel with a Bizantin-styl chancel and a semi-domed apse. The nave was build in the 12th century and is flanked by two chapels. Some 17th century painting were uncoverded during restoration work in the chancel in 1935.
The right-hand chapel contains a keystone decorated with the arms of Rochebaron (Lords of Montarcher from 13th to the 17th century), hatchments on a back stripe, and a mural dating from the 15th century.
Montarcher priests used to be burried in the left-hand chapel and such headstone shows Father Claude Ferrier wearing a dalmatic tunic. The road-screen separating the chancel from the nave was installed in the 15th or 16th century and symbolizes the creation of the world. The porch and the bell-tower date from the 16th or 17th century.
Place added by